Natasha Iype is an architect, and has been intensely involved with the designing of the GoodEarth communities at Bangalore since the past 20 years. A graduate of the Academy of Architecture, Mumbai- a passion for detail and a sense of play define her approach to work. Creating interfaces between users, designers, craftspersons and builders and demystifying the design process is what motivates her. An interest in theatre and music, and anything that celebrates life, especially the simple things, excite her. She brings her festive spirit and enthusiasm into the work and the organization.
Rina Dhaka is a fashion designer, who made a promising entry in the Indian fashion scene around late eighties, and from there on she became the most creative and dynamic fashion designer India has ever witnessed. Currently she is known more for her innovative textile skills in Indian wear and her international sensibilities for western outfits. She has been a dreamer ever since her childhood and this has translated into her style of work.
After graduation she trained under Ivan Grundhall and nurtured her dreams of being a fashion designer. Today she is referred as the Gaultier of east by BBC, perfectly apt for her innovative and in depth research based collections. She is the fashion crusader of combining traditional Indian garments with 20th century modern fabrics like lycra and jersey.
She is best known for stand out elements of a collection, western wear remains an area of dominance though she also designs ethnic and conventional ensembles. Her designs juggle between remaining traditionally rich while embracing contemporary attitude.
There is an endless list of her accomplishments but many that cannot be overlooked.
- She is a recipient of Yuva Ratan Award.
- She has won the ‘Best Designer’ award at the Miami Fashion Week
- She was the ‘Best Seller’ at the bollywood promotion at Selfridges.
- She represented India at the India promotions at the Galeries Lafayette in Paris and Interstoff in Germany.
- Her designs are adorned not just in India but also by global faces internationally like Naomi Campbell, Tom Kinson, Uma Thurman, Tara Palmer etc...
- Today she retails from top design labels across the world like Anthropology, USA (stock her in their 175 stores), Indomix USA, Lodenfrey Munich, Fine Rhine Hong Kong, Sanskrit Hong Kong and in over 20 boutiques within India and the rest of the world.
- She also retails exclusively from her stand alone retail outlet in DLF Emporio, New Delhi .